"Welcome to Northern Ireland's premier worktop manufacturer in Coleraine."
Sinquastone Quartz Warranty
Sinquastone quartz is of the utmost durability and practicality. In the unlikely event of a defect arising from the manufacture of the Products, in addition to your rights under the current Law, Sinquastone will do its utmost to provide a fair and reasonable outcome to all customers covered by this Warranty.
Product Appearance, Care and Specifications
The Products are manufactured from natural materials. Each slab is unique and will contain variations in shading, reflectivity, and the distribution and appearance of quartz. These variations are naturally occurring characteristics of the material. The appearance of each slab will also vary depending upon lighting conditions, placement, and viewing angle. The Products are manufactured to a thickness tolerance of +/- 1.5mm, with bowing of not more than 2mm over the length or width of the product when properly installed and supported. The cleaning and care requirements of each Product will vary depending upon its type, colour and finish.
1. In addition to your rights under the UK Consumer Law, Sinquastone offers an additional warranty (“Sinquastone Warranty”).
2. Sinquastone warrants that if the Product is defective as a result of the manufacture of the Product and:
a. The Product was purchased from an authorized reseller and
b. You have paid for the Product in full and
c. The Product has remained installed at the same location at which it was first installed and
d. The Product has been installed, maintained, used and protected in the manner recommended by Sinquastone at the time of purchase of the Product; and
e. You have registered the Sinquastone Warranty
(see clause 9 below); then Sinquastone will, at its sole discretion either
f. Repair the Product;
g. Replace the Product with a new Product from the same range as that being replaced, or if that range is no longer available then a reasonably similar range; or
h. Refund you the price you paid for the Product.
3. The Sinquastone Warranty is provided for a period of 10 years, in the case of Quartz surfaces, from the date of original purchase of the Product.
4. The Sinquastone Warranty is not transferable or assignable and is given only to the first user of the Product following its sale by an authorized reseller.The Limited 10 year Sinquastone Warranty does not cover
5. The Sinquastone Warranty does not cover defects, or any damage, arising out of anything done to the Product after its manufacture, including:
a. The installation of a product or any accessories upon the Product;
b. The bending or curving of the Product as part of
c. Laminations applied to the Product;
d. The milling of the Product, including the milling of grooves or drainage channels;
e. The use of adhesives (including ridged adhesives), caulking materials, or mechanical fasteners upon the Product;
f. The performance or appearance of a joint;
g. Wear and tear on the Product, the exposure of the Product to heat, improper use or abuse, excessive force or abrasive or corrosive substances;
h. Failing to care for the Product in accordance with
Sinquastone’s guide for the care and maintenance of
6. The Sinquastone Warranty does not cover cracks, chips or scratches unless they were caused by a defect in the Product.
a. A crack is not a defect if it (amongst other things): i. is caused by excessive weight being applied to the surface (such as someone standing or sitting on the Product);
ii. is caused by thermal shock such as placing a hot saucepan, iron or other hot object, directly on the Product;
iii. is caused by inadequate support being used under
iv. is caused by the supports used under the Product moving or shifting;
v. emanates from a cut-out section of the Product (such as a cut out area for a sink or hotplate) (cracks of this type are caused by the cut-out, they are not a defect in the Product). b. A chip or a scratch is not a defect if it is caused by external force, unless Sinquastone considers the force to be negligible.
7. The Sinquastone Warranty is limited to the repair, replacement or refunding of the Product. If the Product is replaced, the Sinquastone Warranty does not cover costs incurred and relating to installation, milling, joining, fitting or bending or laminating the Product. The Sinquastone Warranty does not cover any other losses arising out of a defect in the Product.
When the Sinquastone Warranty does not apply
8. The Sinquastone Warranty does not apply if the Product is:
a. Used as flooring;
b. Used in any outdoor application where it is exposed to weathering or ultraviolet radiation;
c. Used in or around swimming pools, spas, or any other place where it may be exposed to chlorinated water;
d. Used adjacent to any type of fireplace;
e. Improperly installed;
f. Installed by a person who is not professionally qualified to install the Product, or who is not licenced to perform the installation work under the law applicable to the place of the installation.
How to Make a Claim
9. You must register this warranty by completing the Sinquastone warranty on line at www.lamontstone.com. If you do not register this warranty within 30 days of purchase of the Product, this warranty will be void.
10. To claim under this warranty you must
a. Submit your claim in writing, and post it to
Lamont Stone at the following address:
1 Wattstown Business Pk,
Newbridge Rd Coleraine.
N.Ireland BT52 1BS
b. Submit your claim within a reasonable period after the defect would have become apparent to a reasonable person;
c. Include with your claim the following details:
i. The date on which the product was installed.
ii. The name of the person or company that installed the product.
iii. The colour and finish of the product.
iv. A description of the alleged defect.
11. You bear the expense of claiming under the Sinquastone Warranty.
12. Within a reasonable period of receiving notice of your claim under the Sinquastone Warranty, Sinquastone will contact you to:
a. Arrange to inspect the Product;
b. Request further information or evidence in respect of the alleged defect in the Product; or
c. Accept or reject your claim.
13. If you refuse to allow Sinquastone to inspect the Product, or unreasonably refuse to provide Sinquastone with the further information it has requested, the warranty is void. Statutory Guarantees
14. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under UK Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
15. If liability for breach by Sinquastone of a warranty, guarantee or condition or any other liability imposed on Sinquastone by legislation which cannot be excluded may be limited, Sinquastone’s liability is limited to the extent permitted by law, and if liability may be limited in any one of a number of ways, Sinquastone’s liability is limited in any one of the permitted ways chosen by Sinquastone in its absolute discretion. Sinquastone guide for the care and maintenance of Product as at the time of purchase of the Product.
Lamont Stone have been founded on the principiles of developing and delivering innovative manufacturing techniques and exceptional products together with a friendly, professional and responsive service to our customers.